Friday, January 25, 2008

new yorker eustace tilley cover competition



here's one of the pieces I submitted.


the new yorker is having a competition: to create a cover with the iconic dandy and man about town, Eustace Tilley, who has just turned 83.
It's become a tradition to have a Tilley cover every February


you can see some past covers here
new yorker.com - Tilley covers


this year's entries

It was so much fun to do, and many of the entries were incredibly clever and well done.

The prize is to have a "virtual" cover shown on the new yorker.com website.
I've always thought that would be a great thing, to be on the cover of the new yorker, so I guess this is "virtually" as good.

I also collaborated with gary on the one (I came up with the concept - and here is his take on it)
the springfieldian,

No comments: