Wednesday, April 17, 2013

pictures from an exhibition

some photos from the exhibit now up at the nüart gallery, in santa fe.
the show looks beautiful- it's always a surprise to see all the work together, on clean white walls, outside of the squalor of the studio

last minute -signing the paintings

Spring branches and willow withies, gathered from a beaver pond in a wildlife area outside the city, the afternoon of the opening.  Leaving the park, I realized I couldn't find the keys to my rental car….. Racing back along trails, eyes darting back and forth, by a miracle of providence, I found them at the edge of a marsh.
Happiest moment of my life! Zipped back just in time to change and make the opening.  Phew!













with a beautiful bouquet from my mother and sister (thanks!)

5 comments:

Baśka said...

good luck , I love Your paintings :}
greetings from Poland
Baska

claire b cotts said...

thank you!
your ceramics are wonderful
:-)
claire

mcgreek said...

Claire -- All your work looks wonderful!!!!! You must be thrilled! Hope the show is going great, and you sell out! Marianne xoxoxoxoox

Cecil Touchon said...

Hi Claire,
Love your work at Nuart Gallery. I drove down to deliver my show which opens this friday. I am so sorry that I somehow missed YOUR opening. I would have definitely driven down for it. I really am fascinated by your surfaces and color systems that you are using. I was working with some similar ideas in the mid-1980's which is why - I think - I am so drawn to your work. This body of work you have been doing is absolutely stellar.
See installation shots of my show at http://ceciltouchon.blogspot.com

I don't know if you are aware of my collage museum project but would be very happy if you would be willing to donate a collage or two to represent you in the collection. see the show that is currently hanging here:
http://collageassemblagecentennial-1912-2012.blogspot.com/

all the best to you!
Cecil Touchon

Chris Tolomei (alicethelma) said...

A belated congratulations on your show. I'm sorry I missed it, but it looks like it was amazing showcase of your work. The scale of your paintings is wonderful.